Documents and Press
The OSI will produce white papers, original research, and public communications, such as op-eds and interviews. With the first meeting in 2018, we are just getting started, so while modest at the moment, expect this area to grow soon. Opinions expressed in the associated work are those of the authors, and do not reflect an official position of the OSI.
- Conference Presentations
- "On the possibility of debris stream formation during asteroid mining operations" by Boley and Fladeland. Orginally published during the AAS Division of Planetary Science 50th meeting, Knoxville, October 2018
- "Washington sparks a space spat at the United Nations" by Paul Meyer. Originally published in the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.
- "Canada should lend the Lunar Gateway project a hand – or even a whole arm" by Michael Byers. Originally published in the Globe and Mail.
- "Canada and space security diplomacy: getting back into the game" by Paul Meyer. Published in The Hill Times, 26th November 2018 (no link at this time).
- "Soyuz rocket failure: Russia has lost its reputation as a space leader" by Michael Byers. Originally published in the Globe and Mail.
- "Trump wants a Space Force. He won't get one" by Michael Byers. Originally published in the Globe and Mail.
- "Elon Musk, President of Mars?" by Michael Byers. Originally published in the Washington Post.